49 GORRICKS RUN
- 2 Bed
- 1 Bath
- 4 Car
SECLUDED SEMI-RURAL GEM NESTLED IN A QUIET, TRANQUIL VALLEY
Occupying a splendid, elevated and North facing aspect, this low maintenance, country home enjoys complete privacy with 42 acres of serene native bushland. A varied landscape creates a beautiful postcard picture of a tall timber lined valley along a winding river with raised hillsides and rocky escarpments. And, importantly, helping keep the integrity of the environment, is the rich diversity of wildlife and fauna.
Currently used as a permanent residence, the double story house is wonderfully set up for weekend family living and boasts free flowing interiors with a floor plan that ensures effortless and pleasurable indoor/outdoor relaxing and entertaining.
The rendered, double-brick outer walls insulate the home in summer, while, in winter, they allow the sun to heat the Northern wall to keep the rooms cosy and warm. Access to the property is via a causeway across the Macdonald River, only used by three or four other land owners, giving privacy and exclusivity. This amazing property is just 9km from the Settlers Arms Inn and village at St Albans, a great outing to catch up with family and friends.
• Light filled, terracotta tiled rooms lead to paved verandah and bushland settings
• Cool breezes give natural ventilation through the house so the air con is hardly needed
• Two modern, wood burning stoves keep the home toasty warm on the cooler nights
• Large kitchen with electric oven, plenty of cupboard space and wood fire pizza oven
• Huge potential to capitalize and add another full family bathroom upstairs STCA
• Location popular for permanent, weekend residents, ‘farm stays’ and country retreats
• The MacDonald River below is accessible and a great place to cool off during summer
• Ideal for pony lovers and bush walkers, wanting to escape the bustle of ‘big city life’
• Local bus runs to Macdonald Primary School and to various excellent high schools
THE LAND AND OUTHOUSES
Manageable land with good quality gates, fences and enclosures
Fenced to cliff walls which form a natural barrier for tending stock
Excellent areas for keeping feed crops and ‘organic’ veggie gardens
Usable and lockable farm sheds perfect for tools and large work bench
Stable with ample space for animals, machinery and/or motor bikes
This property is virtually drought-proof with great capacity for rain water catchment
More than ample domestic water storage of about 53,000 litres of rain water storage
A recently drilled, fully functioning high capacity and fully operational bore
Recycling of quality grey water connected to outside taps and garden and toilet
There is also an option to connect this recycled water to the washing machine
The home has an electric hot water system and two concrete septic tanks
Telephone landline Satellite dish
Foxtel aeriel/connection for TV reception
Modem + excellent internet ADSL service/connection
Uninterrupted power supply for desktop computer
ACCESS & DIRECTIONS
Via the 24/7 Webbs Creek Ferry crossing and tar sealed road for most of the way towards St Albans.
Being just over an hour from Hornsby or Castle Hill, is an easy commute for those with flexible working arrangements.
SOLD BY EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Council Rates $262 Per Quarter
Karen McLeod 0417 793 794
BIRCH LANG AND COMPANY